Reporting to the Operations Manager this role will oversee daily activities of the mine production team and ensure standards are maintained and production targets are achieved.
Key accountabilities will include;
· Ensure that expenditure on labour, consumables and services is in line with the operating budget.
· Ensure mining targets are met, and that design and scheduling information is provided to maintain highest possible quality of mine output.
· Monitor progress on weekly, monthly and long-term plans and ensure successful execution on these by the Mining team.
· Ensure optimal and cost efficient, contractor management and quality assurance.
· Support the Engineers to produce designs that maximise the value of the ore body to ensure the most cost effective and efficient operation.
· Ensure compliance with environmental procedures and standards.
· Provide input and assistance with the development of the annual plan and budget.
· Support the Operations Manager in the development and implementation of the 3 month and long- term strategic plan.
· Develop annual targets and KPI’s for the mining operation.
· Develop annual and monthly plans and schedules.
· Assist with the implementation of expansion projects as appropriate.
· Ensure personal duty of care requirements are met by being pro-active in identifying and reporting potential hazards and eliminating risk taking behaviours or actions.
· Work with the mobile maintenance department to ensure servicing is carried out as per the agreed weekly maintenance plan.
Are you the one?
· A degree in Mining Engineering is preferable
· Demonstrated practical grounding in underground hard rock mining practices in the Australian mining industry and in a modern mechanised mining environment
· Proven success within a similar supervisory position
· Excellent people management skills are essential
· Competent user of MS Word and Excel
· Experience with data management and software