Roy Hill is currently seeking an Engineer Control systems to join the team on a Days & Nights Roster based in Perth, with potential of site-based rotation opportunities based on business requirements. Reporting to the Specialist Engineer Control Systems, you will develop, maintain and support all control systems and equipment, to drive equipment reliability and operational effectiveness across our Mine and Port facilities. This role provides technical support to the Operations Team.
Accountabilities include: -
• Deliver control systems support to maintain the safety, reliability and availability of all process plant equipment.
• Investigate the root cause of plant downtime related to control systems and identify improvement opportunities.
• Deliver control systems design, programming and commissioning for improvement projects and optimisation of plant performance.
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, your experience may include the following: -
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferably in - Electrical, Control Systems or Mechatronics Engineering or Computer Science) or similar technical field with post graduate qualifications in control systems, or an electrical trade qualification with a demonstrated combination of further studies and relevant experience in control systems
• Experience working with Allen-Bradley ControlLogix/CompactLogix systems and Rockwell Automation PlantPAx distributed systems
• Demonstrated experience in a mining operation working in a similar role within processing plants and/or port operations
Experience working with mobile machines (stackers, reclaimers), car dumpers, train loadouts, Anti-Collision Systems (ACS) and Stockpile Management Systems (SMS) is desirable