We currently have a Study Manager opportunity which will be based at our Brisbane Corporate Office. The Study Manager will support the Head of Studies in delivering a concept study for our Peace River Coal operation in Canada.
Through Anglo American’s Investment Development Model (“IDM”), Group Projects execute the delivery of projects and studies for Anglo American and support the management of key investments.
• Resourcing key projects and studies with the right team to deliver on the agreed objectives and manage all project and engineering contractor relationships;
• Providing specialist support across all projects and studies in key areas of Project Management, Engineering Management, Commercial Management, Project Controls and Techno-Economic Evaluation;
• Providing specialist technical support and service for water and residue management; and
• Reviewing all key projects via the Investment Assurance process.
A strategic opportunity lies within the PRC assets to develop a high quality hard coking coal business that would enable Anglo American to provide an alternate source of seaborn Met Coal from the best emerging coking coal region after Australia’s Bowen Basin
You will be responsible for leading the execution of Study work to identify, evaluate and select the range of alternatives for unlocking the value of the PRC assets. This will include assessing options related to scale, mining method, processing and transport logistics for each alternative, as well as the potential application of new technologies where they can add value.
The initial focus of the Studies will be on the development of PRC’s Northern Hub resources including the Trend/Roman assets and immediately surrounding tenure.
• An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors / Honours degree or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline
• A postgraduate qualification (Masters / Doctoral degree or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline OR a proven track record of extensive practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity
• Proven ability to understand and be able to synthesise cross-functional information (including geology, metallurgy/processing, mine engineering, geostatistical modelling, operations, projects, information technology, tax, treasury, financials, environmental, social, political, land, legal, human resources, supply chain and security)
• Overall project management of complex and simultaneous evaluations with practical experience in Project Management concepts and principles.
• Ability to challenge the status quo, drive innovation, and hold large cross functional teams accountable for results and recommendations that drive value.
• Ability to communicate complex information in varying forms (verbal, presentation, report) to audiences ranging from technical team members to CEOs
• Strong ability to lead and set vision and direction for individual evaluations
• A proven track record in early project development and value generation
• Proven ability to lead and motivate diverse cross functional team members from different cultures.
• Proven ability to justify, budget, execute and manage large programs of work
• Experience in a wide variety of projects, with varying financial drivers, project risks and project costs up to and including $1B
• Demonstrated experience in a senior people leadership role within a technical environment, including the coordination of knowledge sharing across disciplines, managing workload and reviewing the work of others to ensure consistency.
• Technical experience in one or more relevant technical disciplines (e.g. Mining, Engineering, Project Management, Geosciences or Processing) would be an advantage.
• Provides consistent outstanding behaviour in relation to safety practices with a deep understanding of the importance of safety
This job has expired.