We are currently looking for a Pit Technician. The purpose of this role is to assist with the implementation, maintenance and management of Open Pit Mine Geological activities.
• Supervise the use of and seek to continually improve geological processes to achieve and or exceed specified goals, cost and safety targets.
• Ensure that the Geology team supports the Mining Department to optimise the extraction of the mineral resource.
• Prepping of all bags and chip trays for Grade Control programs.
• Supervision of grade control drilling programs.
• Ensure timely collection and submission of grade control samples.
• Marking up of ore blocks as directed.
• Develop competency with the BMM process – including transformation of ore blocks.
• Database entry of daily data and circulation of associated daily report.
• Regular stock-take and ordering of geological consumables.
• Provide input into budgets, forecasts and schedules
What you’ll bring
Our values of Safety, Excellence, Accountability and Respect guide how we act each and every day, they are the basis of our company culture. You will demonstrate your ‘safety first’ mindset and how you strive for excellence and take pride in your work. You will strive to improve, be bold in your thinking and be accountable for your work and ‘own it’. Working in a collaborative team you will be open to feedback, respect other’s opinions and challenge constructively to build trust and create an inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work.
You will have….
• WA Driver Licence
• Worked in a hands on role with the mining industry
• Open pit experience
• Geology experience
• Leading and supervising experience
What we offer
We want your time at Evolution to be a highlight of your career. We will dare you to think differently, act like an owner and live our values of safety, accountability, excellence and respect.
We take pride in looking after our people and are passionate about personal development. We will help you build on your strengths, appreciate your diversity, provide opportunities for your development and challenge you to be your best. We will make sure you are clear on your accountabilities and have the right resources, systems and tools to achieve and succeed in your role.
This job has expired.