Southern Cross has an underground and an open pit mine and we are currently undertaking feasibility work to open a second underground mine in 2020, so now is an exciting time to join the company as we pave the way for growth. To support us on our journey, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Resource Geologist to join our growing Exploration and Resources team.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Resources Superintendent, the role is responsible for the development of mineral resource models and resource reporting across all of the Minjar WA operations and where required, to assist with corporate reporting requirements across all Minjar WA projects when requested.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• To plan, interpret and produce accurate validated mineral resource estimates
• Assist with management of database and data validation
• Monitor lab performance and undertake regular audits
• Mentor site geologists
• Produce reports and other technical documents as required for comprehensive and timely reporting of mineral resources
• Undertake project work as required to assist site geology teams
• Demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in the use of resource modelling software packages such as Surpac and Snowden’s Supervisor
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor degree from a recognized tertiary institution in Geology, with at least 15 years post graduate geology experience which will include at least 8 years direct experience in resource estimation for gold in Archean Gold mineralization. You will need strong interpretation and analytical skills and experience in operational grade control demonstrating an appreciation of model-mine-mill reconciliation procedures.
Your excellent planning and analytical skills and your demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with the Exploration and Resources stakeholders both in the corporate office and on the sites, will be critical to your success in this important role.
Culture and benefits:
If you are ready to step up to the challenges of this key role, you will never be bored! With a strong growth strategy in place and in a progressive, vibrant culture where your skills can truly make a difference, this is a great opportunity to join the Minjar team and to play a role in developing a culture of excellence that motivates and inspires those around you.
This job has expired.