We are Australia’s largest privately-owned mining, construction and maintenance services company, working across the resources, energy and infrastructure sectors.
We are seeking expressions of interest from experienced Civil Project Engineers, for an exciting new project in the Pilbara.
• FIFO – Perth
• 15/6 Roster
• Exciting Opportunity
Reporting to the Senior Project Engineer will be responsible for and will be actively involved in the engineering, technical and operational support within projects.
• Have a full understanding of the specifications and contract obligations
• Provide technical advice and assistance to the Senior Project Engineer and other personnel as required;
• Identify contract variations and prepare documentation to the client;
• Prepare programme status reports as necessary;
• Manage project cost control and reporting;
• In conjunction with the Project Planner, prepare and maintain construction and maintenance programmes covering: -
• Resourcing, timing and cashflows;
• Co-ordination of inter-related activities;
• Co-ordination of subcontractors;
• Periodic maintenance activities;
• Minor Improvement Works;
• Plant replacements;
• Assist/review design calculations, specifications, drawings and other documents as required;
• Identify appropriate treatment selection criteria for ground improvements works, as required;
• Participate in design reviews as required;
What we are looking for:
• A minimum 3-5 years construction engineering experience
• A Bachelor of Civil Engineering degree is preferred
• Technical knowledge of project engineering process
• Experience in the construction/contracting industry (is essential or will be highly regarded)
• Ability to work under pressure and foster collaborative relationship with project team and able to analyse, edit and present reports to the Project Management Team
• Initiative and creative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in remote locations as required
What can BGC Contracting offer you?
• A challenging, rewarding and enjoyable workplace that supports innovation;
• A culture driven organisation that’s passionate about its people and its values;
• A broad range of opportunities nationally across diverse projects;
• Strong pipeline of upcoming work; and
• Experienced and supportive management team.
• We also offer a range of additional benefits for BGC employees.