Our Simberi Operations are currently seeking a strategic Mine Planning Superintendent to join our highly engaged and dynamic workforce onsite on a FIFO basis. The role will initially be a one-year maximum-term engagement with the potential to extend.
Reporting to the Manager Technical Services, the successful incumbent will be responsible for open pit optimisation, mine design and long term scheduling.
Key accountabilities of this role include:
· Open pit optimisation, mine design and long term scheduling for the current oxide operation as well as playing a key role in the design and evaluation of the Simberi Sulphide Project.
· Delivery of Simberi’s Ore Reserves as required.
· Reporting of month end Mine to Mill reconciliation and mine physicals
· Strong focus on safety, leadership and continuous improvement.
· Exhibit and demonstrate personal behaviour consistent with SGCL HSE policy and objectives.
· Adopt and actively implement SGCL procedures, systems and policies.
· Coach and Mentor the PNG National Mining Engineers.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
· Behaviour consistent with St Barbara’s Values
· At least 10 years relevant experience
· Strong communication skills, including communicating with people from different backgrounds and cultures
· High level of enthusiasm for the work with high performance goals
· Demonstrated expertise in open pit optimisation, design and long term scheduling, using Whittle and/or MineSight software
· Commercial acumen relevant to the role with an ability to work to tight deadlines on multiple tasks
· Exposure to mining in offshore environments is highly regarded
· Competitive remuneration package
· Access to salary continuance and TPD insurance funded by the Company through our superannuation fund
· Access to professional development activities and educational assistance
· ‘Grow our own success’ approach with a preference to develop and promote internally
· Air-conditioned accommodation facilities with private ensuite on site
· Onsite gym, and waterfront BBQ area.
This is a Fly-In Fly-Out position on a 21 days on, 14 days off roster.
Please note that screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Candidates are required to undertake pre-employment checks including a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol screens and a police check/criminal history check. Candidates must have the ability to be cleared for a National Police Clearance for site access purposes and be eligible to obtain a visa to work in Papua New Guinea. Please note St Barbara has a zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol at work.
This job has expired.