Our Engineering Services leadership team is now seeking a Superintendent Hydrogeology to join the group.
This position is responsible for providing leadership to the hydrogeology team at the Roy Hill mine site tasked with the installation and testing of dewatering and injection borefields, groundwater monitoring networks and systems. The position is based at the mine site on the management roster and is a senior position providing support to the Manager Water and direct leadership of six site-based Hydrogeologists.
A key component to this role will be the technical hydrogeological leadership of various water exploration drilling, bore construction, test pumping and monitoring programmes that are integral to meeting dewatering targets to achieve the mine plan. The position is responsible for ensuring dewatering and monitoring bores are installed on schedule and that bore yields are accurately evaluated by pumping tests for engineering studies. The position is responsible for the management and maintenance of the groundwater monitoring network across the mine site and for the collection and collation of data into the relevant databases.
The position has responsibility for the management of multiple contractors engaged to execute the civil, drilling and pump testing projects and for the scheduling of these contractors to deliver work in accordance with the integrated schedule.
Accountabilities will include: -
• Provide leadership to the Roy Hill site Hydrogeology Team through providing management and mentoring of Site Hydrogeologists, and by communicating relevant hydrogeological information to other Water Teams and the various Mining Operations teams
• Support and lead the development and delivery of bore installation and test pumping packages including risk assessments and the project scheduling
• Oversee test-pumping, groundwater quality and other groundwater data analyses
• Plan and undertake groundwater and surface water monitoring, including the installation and maintenance of 3G-based remote telemetry
• Contribute to borefield planning and the development of conceptual hydrogeological models
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Hydrogeologist along with the following: -
• Tertiary qualifications in Geology or Hydrogeology
• Significant experience in a Hydrogeologist role, with a significant proportion of this time involved in the planning and supervision of water bore drilling and test pumping activities
• Mining industry experience within the Pilbara region
• Proficient skills in using GIS software (preferably ArcMAP) and aquifer test analysis software
• Experience with remote telemetry monitoring systems for groundwater bores
This job has expired.