We are now seeking to employ Infrastructure Electrician at our Koolan Island Operation for permanent long term work on a (14 Day On / 7 Day Off) roster from Perth, Broome or Derby.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Maintenance Supervisor the primary focus of this role is to perform electrical testing, diagnosis and commissioning of Infrastructure related assets, such as accommodation, camp facilities, generators, desalination, bores and sewerage.
If you like a varied role where no two days are the same, you are part of a friendly work crew and where your skills and knowledge can really make a difference, then this may be the opportunity for you.
Key Tasks and responsibilities may include:
· Diagnosis of faults and breakdowns, servicing, inspection, repairs and overhaul of the fixed assets (Camp and Administration) and mine ancillary equipment.
· Comply with the requirements of the Mount Gibson Iron Quality Systems as they relate to HV Electrical activities.
· Proactively identify potential issues to support a pro-active, prevention based approach to the delivery of HV Electrical activities.
· Assist with electrical maintenance in other areas, as required.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
· Relevant Australian Trade qualifications in Electrical Engineering
· Experience working in a HV Electrician role on a range of mine equipment including HV switching ticket.
· Sound knowledge of AS/NZS 3000 Standards
· Current High Risk ticket with EWP is highly regarded
· Current (within 2 years expiry) Working at Heights and Confined Space is highly advantageous
· Current Applied First Aid, including CPR is essential
· Current WA C Class driver’s license is essential.
· Ability to work in a diverse and multicultural workforce.
· To pass a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol test, and on-site testing
This job has expired.