Are you looking for a rewarding career that offers the opportunity to live and work in our picturesque South West?
Reporting to the Mine Planning Superintendent, an opportunity exists for a suitably qualified Long Term Mine Planning Engineer to join our energetic and multi-disciplined Mining team. As a key member of this group you will play a central role in the projects of this expanding long life operation. This is a challenging role covering a variety of tasks which will suit an experienced Long Term Planning Engineer.
• Compilation of Life of Mine plans;
• Carry out required mine feasibility and optimisation studies as required, and complete robust economic evaluations to differentiate between different mining options or projects;
• Assist with the compilation of the Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve statements;
• Perform pit optimisations;
• Produce final pit and waste dump designs;
• Liaise with the Medium Term Planning and Mine Production Engineers to ensure that short and medium term plans meet the requirements of the budget and forecasts; and
• Deputise and assist the Mine Planning Superintendent.
• Strong safety focus;
• Tertiary qualification in a mining related discipline;
• At least 5 years mining experience;
• Proven ability in planning and project management;
• Strong budget preparation and analysis skills;
• Strong report writing skills;
• Understanding of geotechnical design;
• High level of computer literacy; and
• Excellent verbal, written and technical skills.
• Mining Engineering degree;
• Quarry Manager’s certificate; and
• A practical and well organised approach to varying demands.
This is a residential position with a choice of rosters, either working Monday to Friday on a 5/2 roster or 5/2 4/3 roster (both with public holidays rostered off). You are required to relocate and live within an hour travelling distance of the Greenbushes mine site. A competitive salary and other benefits will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
This job has expired.