We are now seeking to employ Processing Operators at our Koolan Island Operation for permanent long term work on a (7 Day On / 7 Night On / 7 Day Off) roster from Perth, Broome or Derby.
Reporting to the Processing Supervisor, the primary focus of this role is to provide safe and efficient operations for both the crushing and ship loading plants and operation of associated mobile equipment.
As a unique pit to port operation, this role is varied and no two days are the same. If you like to be part of a friendly work crew, where your skills and knowledge can really make a difference, then this may be the opportunity for you.
Key Tasks and responsibilities may include:
· Operating mobile equipment (within accredited competency) as required
· Mini Excavator
· Rock breaker
· Front end Loader (992, 930 IT or equivalents)
· 785 Komatsu Dump Truck (or equivalent)
· Inspecting the workplace to identify and correct hazards and equipment failures
· Conducting and maintaining good housekeeping of fixed plant and work areas.
· Undertaking regular sampling, testing and other quality control activities
· Adjusting the process to meet production parameters
· Starting up, shutting down, monitoring and adjusting the production process
· Learning appropriate responses to malfunctions or anomalies in the production process
· Maintaining accurate records of sampling / quality control
· Assist with shipping activities as instructed.
· Berthing and Warping of vessel including heaving lines and communicating with ship’s crew/line boat
· Assist other departments within competency
· Assisting in breakdown and planned maintenance
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
· Experience and demonstrated competency in similar mineral processing plant.
· HR Drivers license
· Front End Loader ticket
· Skid steer loader ticket - desirable
· EWP ticket - desirable
· 4WD Competency - desirable
· Sound computer literacy / some experience using computerised maintenance management systems
· Ability to work in a diverse and multicultural workforce.
· Demonstrated strong safety focus and a can do attitude
· Be a strong contributor to the team, as well as able to work autonomously
· Willing and able to work through hot, dusty and humid conditions, particularly through the tropical wet season
· To pass a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol test, and on-site testing.
This job has expired.