Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the shift Mining Supervisor, your responsibiliies will typically include safe and efficient operation of mobile plant / equipment and other duties. The successful candidates will demonstrate compliance with legislative requirements, sites Safety Management System and mine plans to ensure we meet both market demands and customer requirements.
The role will require you to:
• Ability to work safely in both team environments and alone
• Demonstrated risk management skills including both hazards identification / reporting and defect management
• Good written and verbal communication skills, understandable over a two-way radio
• Have a can-do attitude that foster teamwork
• Ability to assist and help develop other operator's skill levels where required
• Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with all stakeholders in the business
Skills and Experience
• Minimum 3 years' experience operating mining hydraulic excavators, wheel loaders, track dozers, rotary drills, graders, watercarts and haul tracks
• Demonstrated commitment to safety and the environment
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of open cut mining methods and steep seam mining technqiues
• Flexibility to work a rotating roster
• All candidates must reside within the Gloucester region and surrounding areas. The positions are not suitable for applicants who intend to relocate or commute to and from the area on a weekly basis.
• Current NSW manual drivers licence (mandatory)
• Current Coal Mines Medical
• Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (highly desirable)
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees. The following benefits are available to eligible wages employees:
Discounted Private Health Insurance
Salary Sacrifice Options
Employee Assistance Programs
Paid Parental Leave Provisions
This job has expired.