An opportunity exists for a qualified person to join our health, safety and environment team to implement the site environmental monitoring program for the Renison & Mt Bischoff mine sites. The role suits someone who likes to work autonomously and predominantly outdoors to further develop their technical knowledge.
Reporting to the Environmental Superintendent, the key duties of this role include:
· Collecting samples from streams, lakes and groundwater using specialised equipment and instruments;
· Submitting environmental samples to the laboratory and compiling monitoring results into databases;
· Analysing data and preparing charts and written reports for internal and external customers;
· Conducting geotechnical monitoring and inspection of tailings storage facilities (TSF);
· Conducting scientific investigations to support mine closure planning projects;
· Supervising field infrastructure maintenance contractors and consultants on specific projects.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
·Tertiary qualifications in Science, Environmental Science or Earth Science is essential.
· Work experience in environmental management is desirable.
· A current manual drivers’ licence is essential. Experience in 4WD vehicle driving is desirable;
· Experience operating in remote areas, rough terrain and unpredictable weather is essential. Good physical fitness is desirable.
To be considered for this position candidates must have an attention to detail and good time management skills. They must also be committed to participating in developing the organisational safety culture. Training in boat handling, TSF surveillance, operation of field instruments and monitoring techniques will be provided both on and off the job.
Bluestone Mines Tasmania offers a range of lifestyle options, catering for both residential and DIDO personnel. A fully catered single persons village accommodates those employees seeking a drive-in-drive-out option